The Church’s One Foundation


Manuscript of "The Church's One Foundation"

Stone PhotographSamuel John Stone (1839 - 1900) wrote “The Church’s One Foundation” in about 1866, to music by Samuel Wesley.  In 1890, The Rev. Stone became rector of All Hallows-on-the-Wall, London, where in 1897, he wrote out by hand his lyrics and autographed the document, which is proudly in the collection of The Church Club of New York, along with an autographed photograph of the author.

 

Stone Page one

Stone Page two

 

Stone Page three